Skip to main content
Publications for 2012
Main page content
REFEREED JOURNAL PAPERS
- Intsiful, G. W. K. (2012). The Teaching and Making of Architecture in Ghana. 50th anniversary Edition of the Ghana Architect, Accra, Ghana.
- Intsiful, G. W. K. (2012). Pedagogy in Practice: The Process of Building a Cultural Centre in Techiman, Ghana. Available at: http://www.mudonline.org/aat /papers.html. Copyright2008@AfricanArchitectureToday.
- Oppong, R. A. & Badu, E. (2012) “Building Material Preferences in Warm-Humid and Hot-Dry Climates in Ghana”. Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp 24-37.
- Oppong, R. A. & Brown, A. (2012) “Teardowns, Upgrading and an Emerging Paradigm of Building Property Finance in Kumasi, Ghana”. Journal of African Real Estate Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 24-57.
- Oppong, R. A. & Badu, E. (2012) “The Evaluation of Stabilised-Earth (Tek) Block for Housing Provision and Construction in Ghana”. Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp 104-118.
- Botchway, E.A. and Boatemaa-Oti, A., (2012). An Audit of the Egress System in Multi-storey Annexes of Four Halls of Residence of KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana. Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 3 December, 2012.KNUST.
- Adinyira, E., Botchway, E., and Kwofie, T.E., (2012). Determining Critical Project Success, Criteria for Public Housing Building Projects (PHBPS) in Ghana. Engineering Management Research; Vol. 1, No. 2; pp. 122-132. Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education.
- Mensah. M., Awunyo – Vitor, and Sey, E. W. (2012). Challenges and Prospects of the Ghana Stock Exchange. Developing Country Studies. 2 (10), 1 - 9.
- Amos-Abanyie, S., Poku-Boansi, M. and Duah, D.Y.D. (2012). Improving ramp design as a barrier-free access in public buildings in the Kumasi Metropolitan Area, Ghana. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, Volume 14, No.1, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, Pennsylvania
- Appah, D. J. and Koranteng, C. (2012). A Thermal Comfort Evaluation of a Junior High School Building in ACCRA, GHANA, Journal of Construction Project Management and Innovation Vol. 2 (2): 403-423.
- Koranteng C. and Simons B. (2012). An Investigation into the Use of Natural Lighting in Three Students’ Hostels: A Case Study of Ayeduase, A Suburb of Kumasi, Ghana, Journal of Science and Technology, Ghana (JUST) Vol.32, No.3, pp.38-48.
- Pillai, G., Syal, M., Hastak, M., Ofei-Amoh, K. R., and Duah, D. (2012). Health Performance Criteria Framework for Homes. American Institute of Constructors, Journal of the American Institute of Professional Constructors. April 2012, Vol. 36, No. 1.
- Oppong, R. A. & Wellington, H. N. A. (2012) “Architecture of Oppression: the use of the Dungeons in the Forts and Castles in Ghana”. Published in peer reviewed Proceedings of the Shadows of Empire – A Study of European Colonial Forts and Castles International Conference, AUGSUT, 1- 2, 2012, Accra, Ghana, pp. 1-14, H-Net Clio-online, 2012,
- Intsiful, G. W. K. (2012). The Training and Making of Architecture in Ghana. Conference Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Architectural Research. The Place of Research/the Research of Place, ARCC/EAAE 2010, International Conference on Architectural Research, Washington D.C., U. S. A.
- Intsiful, G. W. K., Hyland, A. D. C. (2012). When the Castles were White ...Conference Proceedings of the International Scientific Symposium – Place, memory, meaning: preserving intangible values in monuments and sites. ICOMOS 14th General Assembly and Scientific Symposium at Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. January 2005
- Kwofie, T.E., Adinyira, E., Botchway, E., Afram, S.O., (2012): ‘’Determining Critical Project Success Criteria for Public Housing Projects (PHBPS) Delivery in Ghana’’. Proceedings of 4th West Africa Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference, 24-26 July 2012, Abuja, Nigeria, Pg 1-7
- Duah, D., Syal, S., and Samuel, S. (2012). Developing a Decision Support System for Cost Effective Energy Retrofits in Homes. Paper presented at the International Conference on Infrastructure Development in Africa. Held at Golden Tulip Kumasi City, Kumasi and organized by the College of Architecture and Planning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
- Essel, C. and Koranteng, C. (2012). An Exploration into Energy Efficiency Measures of Residential Buildings in Asuakwa-Sunyani, Ghana. 1stInternationalConference on Infrastructure Development in Africa, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana, March22-24, 2012.
- Kwofie T. E., Adinyira, E., and Botchway, E. (2012) Determining Critical Project Success Criteria for Public Housing Building Projects (PHBPs) Delivery in Ghana. (In: Laryea, S., Agyepong, S.A., Leiringer, R. and Hughes, W. (Eds.) Procs 4th West Africa Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference, 24-26 July 2012, Abuja, Nigeria, pp. 1-7