Skip to main content
Publications for 2014
Main page content
- Bangdome-Dery, A., Eghan, G.E., Afram, S.O. (2014): ‘’Overview of Self-help (self-build) housing provision in Ghana: Policies and Challenges. Journal of Developing Country Studies’’, Vol. 4, No. 6, published by The International Institute for Science Technology and Education (IISTE), 2014.
- Botchway, E., Afram, S.O., and Ankrah, J. (2014): ‘’Building Permit Acquisition: the Situation in the Kumasi Metropolis’’. Journal of Developing Country Studies, Vol. 4, No. 6, published by The International Institute for Science Technology and Education (IISTE), 2014.
- Essel C., Koranteng C., Asare K.B.A (2014). Designing for safety during installation and maintenance of split air-conditioning: Case Study of commercial buildings in Adum, Educational Research (ISSN: 2141-5161) Vol. 5(8) PP.261-279
- Botchway, E.A., Afram S.O., Ankrah J., (2014). Building Permit Acquisition in Ghana: The Situation in Kumasi. Journal of Developing Country Studies; Vol. 4, No. 20, September 2014. Published by International Institute of Science, Technology and Education (IISTE). U.S.A.
- Botchway, E.A., Amos-Abanyie, S., Kwofie, T.E. (2014). Evaluation of Sound Attenuation Effect in Recording Studios: Case of Angel FM Station in Ghana. Journal of Building Performance. Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment; Vol. 5, Issue 1, December, 2014. University of Kebansaan, Malaysia.
- Botchway, E.A. and Poku K. (2014). Project Financing for Enterprises and Industries: Evaluating the Challenges Associated with Accessing Venture Capital for Expansion of SMEs and SMIs in Ghana. European Journal of Business and Social Sciences; Vol.3 No.8; November, 2014. Published in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Inkoom DKB and VK Quagraine (2014). Central Region. In Adarkwa K. K. (ed.), Human Settlements and Service Delivery in Ghana. University Printing Press, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana, pp. 126-161
- Amos-Abanyie, S., Koranteng, C. and Apeatse, K.E. (2014). An Evaluation of the Effects of External Landscaping Elements on Indoor Airflow Rate and Patterns Using Computational Fluid Dynamics, European Scientific Journal, Vol.10, No.14, ISSN: 1857 – 7881, ISSN 1857- 7431 286, pp. 286-299.
- Agyekum, K., Ayarkwa, J. and Koranteng, C. (2014). A Holistic Diagnosis of Rising Damp and Salt Attack in Two Residential Buildings in Kumasi, Ghana. Journal of Construction Engineering, Vol. 2014, Article ID 398627 Online, pp. 1-13.
- Simons B., Koranteng C., and Adinyira E. (2014a). Assessing Ghanaian Workplace Performance in Multi-Storey Office Buildings, Journal of Developing Country Studies, ISSN 2224-607X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0565 (Online), 4(4):140-151.
- Agyekum K., Ayarkwa J., and Koranteng C. (2014). Perceptions of Building Occupants on Effectiveness of Practiced Damp Remediation Measures in Ghana, Journal of Environment and Earth Science, ISSN 2224-3216 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0948 (Online), 4(1): 121-132.
- Simons B., Koranteng C., and Adinyira E. (2014b). Indoor Thermal Environment: Occupants Responsiveness in 4 Multi-Storey Office Buildings in Accra, Ghana, Journal of Environment and Earth Science, ISSN 2224-3216 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0948 (Online), 4(4):122-130.
- Simons B., Koranteng C., and Ayarkwa J. (2014). Occupants’ Evaluation of the Operation, Functionality of Building Control Systems and Energy Implications in Multi-Storey Office Buildings in Ghana, Journal of Energy Technologies and Policy, ISSN 2224-3232 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0573 (Online), 4(2):48-58.
- Duah, D. Y. A., Ford, K., Syal, M. (2014). Expert Knowledge Elicitation for Decision-Making in Home Energy Retrofits. Structural Survey, Journal of Building Pathology and Refurbishment, Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 377–395. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Kwofie T. E., Fugar, F., Adinyira, E., and Ahadzie, D. K. (2014) 'Identification and Classification of the Unique Features of Mass Housing Projects’. Journal of Construction Engineering Vol. 2014, Vol. 1, No. 2; pp. 1-11
- Amos-Abanyie, S., Botchway, E. A. and Kwofie T. E. (2014) The Relationship between Level of Architect’s Professional Competencies and Client Satisfaction Level. Engineering Management Research, Vol. 3, No. 2; pp. 10-19.
- Mensah. M., Fosu–Mensah, B. Y. and Yirenya-Tawiah, D. (2014). Assessing Public Perception of Beach Quality for Ecotourism Development: A Case Study of Kokrobite Beach in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. Journal of Environment and Earth Science, 4 (11), 58 - 66.
- Addy, M., Adinyira, E. and Koranteng, C. (2014a). A Review of Research Methodologies in Building Energy Efficiency Assessment In: Laryea, S. and Ibem, E. (Eds.) Proceedings 8th Construction Industry Development Board (cidb) Postgraduate Conference, 10-11 February 2014, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 85-100.
- Addy, M. N., Adinyira E., and Koranteng C. (2014b). Architects’ Perception on the Challenges of Building Energy Efficiency in Ghana, Proceedings: 3rd International Conference on Infrastructure Development in Africa (ICIDA), 17-19 March, 2014 Abeokuta, Nigeria, 103-113, pp. 103-112
- Kwofie, T. E., Fugar, F. D.K, Adinyira, E. and Ahadzie, D. K. (2014). ‘A Conceptual Framework for Evaluating Communication Performance among Mass Housing Project Team’. In Dr. Obuks Ejohwomu and Olalekan Oshodi (Eds.) Procs.3rd International Conference on Infrastructure Development in Africa, 17-19 March, 2014, Abeokuta, Nigeria, pp6-21.
- Afranie, I., Morgan, J. and Kwofie, T.E. (2014) ‘Post Acquisition Challenges of Urban Land on Housing Delivery in Ghana (Case Study: Koforidua Municipality)’. In Ogunlanna, S., Idoro, G., Dada, G., Iweka, A., Ilechukwu, V. and Alade, W. (Eds.) Procs. CIB W107 2014 International Conference, Lagos, Nigeria, 28th-30th January, 2014, Lagos Nigeria, pp 686-694.
- Adinyira, E., Botchway, E. and Kwofie T. E. (2014) 'Investigating the Underlining Factors of Critical Project Success Criteria for Public Housing Delivery in Ghana'. In Wang, J., Ding, Z., Zou, L. and Zuo, J. (Eds.) Procs. 17th International Symposium on Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate pp 527-538.