Arc. Edward Ayebeng Botchway
Main page content
Architect Edward Ayebeng Botchway has been teaching in the Department of Architecture since 2001 and has been an active practicing consultant since 1992. At the time of his appointment as a lecturer, Eddy held a Bachelor of Science (Design) Degree, the Frank Lloyd Wright’s Prize and the Post-graduate Diploma in Architecture both awarded in 1992, as well as a Master of Science Degree in Construction Management from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Architect Edward in addition holds graduate degree certificates in the Master of Business Administration in Finance (KNUST, Kumasi) and a Master of Science in ICT Management (Coventry University, UK). Currently, he is pursuing a PhD programme with specific focus on developing an ICT Integration Model for Construction Project Management for Local Government at the Ghana Telecom University College/Graduate School of International Management, Luxemburg.
Architect Edward has been instrumental in the departmental paradigm shift and curriculum redesign for the adoption of ICT/CAD/BIM tools in Architectural Education. As a practicing consultant for private and corporate organizations with the PROJEKT DAVID FOUNDATION, Arc. Edward engages in issues of Design, Finance and Build. One successful example was supporting KATH to secure financing from the USAID/HCP for the construction of the Surgical Eye Centre of Excellence in Kumasi.
GIA - Associate, Ghana Institute of Architects
ARC- Registered Member, Architects Registration Council
PMP- Certified Project Management Professional
- Architectural Design Studio
- Multi-Storey Construction
- Industrial Building Design
- Integrated Technology
- Architectural Design Management
- Architecture Business Management
- Construction Project Management
- Sustainable Design Build with ICT Integration
- Botchway, E.A. (2013). A Catalogue of Details on Pre-contract Schedules: Surgical Eye Centre of Excellence-KATH ISBN: 978-9988-1-7869-7. Trafford Publishers, USA.
- Botchway, E.A. and Oppong Asare, D. (2013). Building Permit Acquisition: The Kumasi Experience. ISBN: 978-9988-1-7868-0. Prince Publishing, Ghana.
Selected Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Botchway, E.A. and Boatemaa-Oti, A., (2012). An Audit of the Egress System in Multi-storey Annexes of Four Halls of Residence of KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana. Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 3 December, 2012.KNUST.
- Adinyira, E., Botchway, E., and Kwofie, T.E., (2012). Determining Critical Project Success, Criteria for Public Housing Building Projects (PHBPS) in Ghana. Engineering Management Research; Vol. 1, No. 2; 2012. Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education.
- Botchway, E.A., Afram S.O., Ankrah J., (2014). Building Permit Acquisition in Ghana: The Situation in Kumasi. Journal of Developing Country Studies; Vol. 4, No. 20, September 2014. Published by International Institute of Science, Technology and Education (IISTE). U.S.A.
- Amos-Abanyie, S., Botchway, E.A., Kwofie, T.E., (2014). The Relationship between Level of Architect’s Professional Competencies and Client Satisfaction Level. Engineering Management Research; Vol. 3, No. 2; November, 2014. Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education.
- Botchway, E.A., Amos-Abanyie, S., Kwofie, T.E. (2014). Evaluation of Sound Attenuation Effect in Recording Studios: Case of Angel FM Station in Ghana. Journal of Building Performance. Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment; Vol. 5, Issue 1, December, 2014. University of Kebansaan, Malaysia.
- Botchway, E.A. and Poku K. (2014). Project Financing for Enterprises and Industries: Evaluating the Challenges Associated with Accessing Venture Capital for Expansion of SMEs and SMIs in Ghana. European Journal of Business and Social Sciences; Vol.3 No.8; November, 2014. Published in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Kwofie, T. E., Botchway, E. and Alhassan, A. (2015). Contributing Factors towards Construction Project Team Effectiveness in Ghana. International Journal of Construction Management. December, 2014. ISSN: 15623599. Published in China.
- Surgical Eye Center of Excellence, KATH, Kumasi.
- Family Planning and Surgical Centre, KATH, Kumasi.
- New Medical and Teaching Hospital, KNUST,Kumasi
- Kufuor Foundation Museum, KNUST, Kumasi
- Kufuor Centre for Governance and Leadership, Legon.
- A Past President’s Retirement Villa, Aburi.
- Angel Group: FM, Schools and Industries, Kumasi.
- Campus for Jackson College of Education, Kumasi
- Garden City University College Campus, Kumasi.
- Christ Apostolic University College Campus, Kumasi
- Mass Housing Project, PPP with MWRWH, Accra.
- Ghana Baptist Convention Church Complex, Asokwa.
- Presbyterian Church Complex, Adum.
- St. George’s Church Hall/ Children’s Block, Adum.
- Construction of Silicon Hotel: Phase 1, Kentinkrono.
- SIAW-BA Ware House-Mixed Use Facility, Kumasi.
- WEIJA Ware House - Mixed Use facility, Accra West.
Edward Ayebeng Botchway (AGIA)
Department of Architecture
College of Art and Built Environment
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
Mobile phone: +233 20 424 2222